We solicited opinions from around the industry with one overarching theme in mind: How can bank advisors better prepare their clients for retirement?
The most common bit of advice was to have deeper and more meaningful discussions with customers. Healthcare was an issue that surfaced repeatedly. Banks don't offer a good solution for health costs, says one of our participants, but brokers still need to broach the subject. And what about "the number." Can you help calculate this number? Is that magic number for retirement even a relevant concept anymore? Read about it and much more in these interviews.
• Making the Distinction Between Needs and Wants by Judy Schoolman
• At Low Tide, People Feel Lost by Lee Conrad
• It's Not Rocket Science, Clients Need Help by Lee Conrad
• Planning for Longevity, Not Just Retirement by Elizabeth Wine
• Taking a Hard Look at the Retirement Dream by Lauren Barack
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Bank Investment Consultant content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access